Covid Safety Protocols
We value the safety and health of our patients and staff alike. For this reason, these policies have been and will be in place at our office. We appreciate your understanding and support as we all manage and navigate this challenging time.
- All staff and patients will be screened prior to entering our office. This includes questionnaires and temperature checks (twice daily for staff). Our staff are following the Ontario Dental Association guidelines for Covid screening and any potential Covid symptoms.
- Hand Sanitizer hand rub and masks are mandatory upon entering our practice. All common areas and high touch areas are disinfected on an hourly basis.
- All patients will be pre-screened prior to making appointments. Only patients with appointments are admitted to the practice and only at the time of their appointment. (Parents may accompany young children.) Patients will be emailed after their appointments to inquire about any subsequent Covid symptoms as a follow up.
- As our rooms require “downtime” and strict cleaning protocols, we will endeavour to accommodate as many patients as we physically are able to within our College’s and government guidelines.
- We have limited our staff to 2 dentists and 3 hygienists per day to avoid overcrowding our office. We are alternating patient treatment rooms to allow for air purifiers to clean air particles between patients. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
- Each of our treatment rooms has a high performance, medical grade HEPA filter air purifier to enhance the Surgical Air Cleaners we have had in our office since 2002. Our reception area and waiting area are also equipped with air purifiers for your health and safety.
- All clinical staff are required to wear proper protective equipment including masks, gowns, safety glasses and/or face shields as well as head coverings.
- As always, our infection control and sterilization procedures are up to date.